Electronic Tax File Number Declaration
The Tax File Number Declaration can now be downloaded and filled out electronically, instead of the old “carbon copy” way.
- To grab your copy now, click on this link: Electronic Tax File Number Declaration.
Backpacker Tax Changes
From 1 January 2017, tax rates will change for working holiday makers who are in Australia on a 417 or 462 visa. These rates are referred to as the working holiday maker tax rates.
Some of the changes include:
- withholding 15% from every dollar earned up to $37,000 with foreign resident tax rates applying from $37,001
- You might also need to register with the ATO by 31 January 2017 to withhold at the working holiday maker tax rate
To Find out more click on the following link: Changes to the backpacker tax
Fuel Tax Credit Rates
Fuel Tax Credit Rates are subject to change at varying times of the year. To check that you have the current rates, or to see any of the past rates follow these links:
- Current Financial Year Fuel Tax Credit Rates: Fuel Tax Credit Rates FY 2017
- Historical Fuel Tax Credit Rates: